maandag 17 september 2012

Neue Musik aus Zeit und Raum

Saturday September 15th
10:00 Arrival at the Zeiss Planetarium in Bochum, Germany.
Rehearsing

11:00-14:00 Setting up all equipment and sound-checking.
18:30-19:30 Organizing the table for cd-sales, and final sound-check for Bernd Scholl.
19:30 Doors open for the audience.
20:10-21:15 Concert Moonbooter (Bernd Scholl).
He did a very nice concert, presenting his newly released "Cosmophonica", consisting of some great and catchy tracks, mixed into a couple of longer parts.
21:20-:21:30 Final sound-check for my concert.
21:45-22:45 My concert.
Setup

I've chosen to perform my alter-ego project "Planet of the Arps". In the first place because in my opinion this 60-minute-track would suit perfectly with the space concept of the Planetarium. One of the other associations I've had with this project, are the "arps", or galaxies, as collected by Dr. Halton C. Arp, which were reflected into the visuals that could be seen during my part of the evening.
It was my first concert ever at a planetarium, so I have experienced past evening as a very special one.
The performance went very well, and I hope the 180+ audience had a great time too!
Because I was very concentrated, I missed most of the visuals during my performance... Very unfortunate, but I heard Klaus-Dieter Unger did a great job with the visuals.
22:45-23:10 Encore
Bernd Scholl and I prepared the tracks for the encore by means of remixing each other's tracks.
I have added tracks to Moonbooter's "Interstellar Sunset", and Bernd reworked my MMIX a.D.
Above these prepared mixes we did improvisations.

After the show, it was time for more cd-sales and chatting with people.
Continued by packing and loading all equipment into the car, and after this there was finally some time to relax a bit.

I have really had a tremendous time at the planetarium! It was great to see that quite a lot of people gathered to witness yesterday's concerts.
I would like to thank following people:
- Schallwende (Sylvia and Klaus) and Zeiss Planetarium Bochum for making this event possible.
- Klaus-Dieter Unger for his great job concerning the visuals during the evening.
- Bernd "Moonbooter" Scholl, for the pretty cooperation and collaboration.
- All people who where involved into (the organisation and participation of) yesterday evening.
- Paulien Bouw for her support, assistance and album sales.
- All of you who were present yesterday evening. Some of you especially came to see one or both of us, and in a couple of cases you travelled quite some distance. Some of you really had no idea what to expect and were not familiar at all with the things Bernd and I are doing. Anyway, I hope you were satisfied with the package we had to offer, yesterday evening.

Many thanks and see you soon!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten